With an extension of 570 square kilometers, the island of Ibiza has more than two hundred kilometers of coastline to enjoy among its 50 coves and beaches, where to start? That is, without a doubt, a difficult question and that is why we are going to offer you a selection that, for us, is essential on any trip. Let’s start!
1. Las Salinas: it is the most photographed beach, the most visited, the busiest and one of the largest. With its kiosks and restaurants, it is also one of the liveliest in addition to having all the comforts and countless water activities. The slope towards the water is gentle and the sand is white and fine, making it ideal to go with children. In addition, this beach is located in the heart of the Natural Park of Las Salinas.
2. Cala Conta: Located in the south of the island, this beach is one of the most spectacular due to the color of its waters. It is not that extensive and is divided into two areas. As a particularity, you can find a dune system with junipers, very characteristic of the Balearic Islands. Our advice to make the visit unforgettable is that you stay to enjoy the sunset.
- Cala Benirràs: This beach has, in addition to beach bars, several traditional fishermen’s houses, which gives it that Balearic charm that we like so much. It is on this beach where many musicians gather spontaneously on Sundays and have the famous drumming festival.
4. Cala Salada and Cala Saladeta: these are undoubtedly two of the most picturesque coves, with their fishermen’s houses and the peculiarities of their rocks, they are the perfect place to enjoy a day at the beach in a unique setting. Its waters are clear and calm so that the whole family can enjoy them. A Mediterranean classic for any of your photos to become a postcard worthy of framing.
5. Cala d’Hort: the beach itself may not be one of the most beautiful, but it is essential on any trip to Ibiza for its impressive views of the islet of Es Vedrà.
- Cala Jondal: on this beach you will not find much sand, it is made up of rounded pebbles and right now it is one of the most fashionable areas to enjoy the most exclusive beach clubs and beach restaurants. From this beach it is common to see the most luxurious boats that ply our waters.
7. Sa Caleta or Es Bol Nou: surrounded by pine trees and with the particularity that its sand is reddish, this beach also takes a large part of the photos of trips to the island thanks to a cut in the rock of its cliff.
8. Cala Bassa: its crystal clear waters surprise all its visitors and its white sand has nothing to envy to any paradisiacal postcard, it has a small lake (or bassa in Ibiza) at the entrance as well as several holes in the rocks that surround it . In its back part it has a forest of junipers with twisted trunks that give it an incomparable charm.
- Portinatx: It is the northernmost beach on the island and the color of its waters is second to none. It is a very familiar area, with white sand and little slope in the water. It is divided into two areas, s’Arenal Gros and s’Arenal Petit, both with areas shaded by pine trees for those who do not want so much sun.
10. Puerto de San Miguel: how could it be otherwise, we recommend that you do not miss Puerto de San Miguel, a family beach where you can enjoy all kinds of water activities, as well as all the services and amenities available. few meters from our apartments. Do you want to know a curiosity? Right in front of the beach you can see the islet of Sa Ferradura, one of the private islands that populate the Mediterranean.
Now all that remains is to choose and enjoy your holidays discovering everything that the island of Ibiza has to offer. Welcome to paradise!